Dogecoin (CCC:DOGE-USD) know for sure how to keep your head above water. The meme crypto has seen almost everything there is to see in terms of volatility, and it flows flawlessly when it encounters a hard patch. Over the summer, developers have explored ways to massage the ecosystem, mostly through upgrades. Today, one of the Dogecoin co-founders talks about his new big idea for the network. His tweets evoke chats around non-spongy tokens (NFTs) coming to Dogecoin.
Billy Markus, one of the two big minds behind the biggest meme in digital currency, took to Twitter earlier this week to express his ideal future for the Dogecoin network. Much of the discussion is about non-fungible tokens and how Dogecoin can be integrated for them. Here’s everything you need to know.
Billy Markus talks about NFTs coming to Dogecoin
- Billy Markus is the biggest spokesman for the crypt from a technical perspective; he founded Dogecoin in 2013 with Jackson Palmer. Palmer resigned from the crypto years later and currently has no affiliation with the crypto.
- Markus is very attuned to the wishes of Dogecoin users and often interacts with them on his Twitter account and provides development updates frequently.
- He also often talks about his ideas for expanding the chain, including this week’s NFT discussion.
- Markus tweeted his latest ideas for growing the chain on Wednesday, which makes two great suggestions.
- One of these proposals is to bridge the Dogecoin ecosystem Ethereum (CCC:ETH-USD), one of the largest blockchain networks in the world.
- Dogecoin data would not just be easy to move to the Ethereum chain with this upgrade; it would also allow for the creation of a DOGE-ETH token pairing.
- This brings us to the gossip that NFTs are coming to Dogecoin; Markus claims that with a DOGE-ETH token in NFT markets like OpenSea, Dogecoin’s utility value would be massively increased.
- Much criticism of Dogecoin is lacking in concrete utility, and the proposal will certainly dampen much of the criticism.
- Markus is historically bullish on NFTs. Just earlier last week, Markus hosts a number of Dogecoin-themed NFTs in the OpenSea marketplace.