- Peter Navarro served as trade and production adviser during the Trump administration.
- Navarro promotes “Election 2020, You Decide”, a board game created by Play 4 Fun LLC.
- The game pushes to unfounded conspiracy theories about the 2020 election and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Peter Navarro, who served as trade adviser to former President Donald Trump, is promoting a board game created by the Missouri-based company Play 4 Fun, which runs baseless conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2020 election.
In a promotional video, Navarro raved about “Election 2020, you decide”, a board game that he says puts “a wealth of videos, news clips and other documentation at your fingertips.”
“Do you want to know how the Democrats stole the election in 2020? Play the game. Do you want to know how Tony Fauci probably helped create a deadly virus in a communist Chinese bioweapons laboratory? Play the game. Do you want to get to the bottom of the Russian secret hoax? Yep. Play the game, “Navarro says in the video.
—Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) January 2, 2022
The game features several talking main avatars who are fake real-life political commentators – Henderson Blooper, Raquel Sadnow, Tuckle Carson, Rolf Schniter – and sells for $ 49.95.
“There’s even a cool system where QR codes lead you to videos and media on your phone so you can see left – wing lies and hypocrisy in vivid colors,” a talking head named Candle Owens – a false forger of right-wing politics commentator Candace Owens – says in a demonstration video of the game.
Some of the games’ features are “fake news” cards about media information and “triggered” cards that deal consequences to both teams. Players can also be caught in designated quarantine areas or safe areas, according to the game’s rules page.
In addition, the game includes a “masters of the universe cabal” card that allows the player drawing it to “own the message and influence of the mainstream medium.” It shows logos from national media and technology companies as well as the Hollywood sign and the Chinese flag, according to a picture of the map shown on the game’s website.
The website also contains false statements from several political figures, including:
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “At midnight, we snuck this game into the infrastructure bill for all Democrats except Manchin and Sinema.”
- NIAID Director Anthony Fauci: “Between researching gain-of-function and practicing my pitching, I always find time to play Election 2020.”
- “Omar Al Zahed,” Taliban press secretary: “Playing Election 2020 with ISIS in our new Apache helicopters from Joe Biden was so much fun that we allow women to play.”
- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison: “COVID lockdowns remain in force and will be strictly enforced … unless you have a gathering to play the Election 2020 board game. No masks required!”
In small text at the bottom of its website, Play 4 Fun LLC states that the board game is “for entertainment purposes only” and is intended for a mature audience.
“Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is entirely incidental or solely intended as a satire, parody or falsification of such persons and is not intended to communicate true or factual information about that person, place or event,” a disclaimer states. .
Insider has contacted Play 4 Fun LLC and representatives of Navarro for comment.