What apps do you use to run your marketing activity?
Most teams collect and use data in their CRM as well as multiple marketing apps, e.g. An email marketing tool and automation software.
These apps allow you to streamline operations, bring in more leads, and conduct effective marketing campaigns.
But do they work together and exchange data about your marketing leads and customers, or do they operate in silos?
If you remove one thing from this post, do this:
Your marketing apps are strong independently, but they are most powerful together.
As a marketer, the most effective synchronization is to create between your CRM and marketing apps.
This synchronization has the potential to enrich data in your marketing platforms, enhance the capabilities of segmented and personalized communication, and increase performance. It also sets you up for customization for sales.
Fortunately, connecting your CRM to your marketing apps using an iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service) has never been easier.
This connects your organization’s business tools and lets data flow to the right places instead of stagnating in silos.
Read on for our overview of how to easily get started connecting your CRM and marketing apps.
Reasons to connect your CRM and marketing apps
If you have a broken marketing stack and your tools do not play well together, you will be able to recognize some of these common problems:
- You struggle to find the most up-to-date and reliable marketing data.
- Reliable marketing data does not even exist.
- Your data quality is affected by duplicate contacts.
- Your apps have data gaps or conflicting information.
- Your sales team complains about not having enough understanding of leads.
- You need to repeatedly export and import CSVs to get a complete picture of your customer data.
Your marketing stack will look like where your data is stuck in each app:
To resolve these issues for good, your apps need to talk to each other in a two-way sync. You can map how you want to sync information fields across apps, and ensure that each contact property is correct in each app.
This differs from most native integrations offered by your apps because it creates a two-way, highly customizable synchronization.
By connecting your CRM database and marketing apps, you can:
- Create the most personalized email campaigns and workflows with segmentation data from your CRM.
- See the latest data in each app and keep a 100% up-to-date email list.
- Avoid duplicates.
- Make sure the subscription status is instantly reflected in all apps.
- Correct and avoid data silos between teams.
- Stop relying on CSVs for contact management.
- Deliver real-time marketing-qualified leads to your sales team in the best app for them.
Once effective syncs are in place, your marketing stack will look more like this:
Much better, right?
Tips for synchronizing data between CRM and marketing apps
With integration tools such as two-way synchronization, you do not need any special technical skills to start connecting data in your CRM and marketing apps.
For best results, here are a few of our tips:
Create a two-way sync when you want to keep the same data in both apps and update any changes in real time.
Sync tags, labels and list memberships between your apps to enable the best segmentation and customization in both apps.
Clean up your data between connecting your apps and following our sync guidelines.